Web Design Changes
I have changed the web design from a rectangular bridge to a cylinder which can fully walked around on. This was the initial plan when I started the design process for Gerald's Adventures. This has however with great sadness caused a bug for the transition between the planet and web. It is not as bad as it was previously though so I am sticking with the cylinder design and hope to fix the bug.
I also participated in a Demo Or Die session in the University to have feedback about the game and see what improvements can be made. The points were:
The main bug of transition between planet and web
The web was sometimes to big and poked on the other side of the planet
Spider and Camera was too slow/Rotation controls need to be optimized
Need to add more to the story
Empower the player
Improvements to UI
My aim is to implement all of these during the Christmas Holidays. As it is the Christmas Holidays, I am going to struggle to update the Dev Blog until I'm fully back on University schedule.